KITCHEN TIPS 👌👌👌👌
1. When peeling banana or plaintain apply oil in your hands so as to avoid the sticking.
2. You can store your moi-moi leaves in freezer for months by putting in a big nylon.You only bring out the quantity you need per time.
3. Don’t cover ur ogbonor,okro soup wen cooking it because it will make it not to draw well again and after cooking it allow it to cool down before covering it.
4. If u don’t want to cry while cutting onion. Before u use d onion peel d back put in the fridge for 10mins bring it out and use it.
5. Preserve your dry fish and crayfish inside freezer with a tight closed container.
6. Add salt to your coco yam when it starts boiling to soften quickly.
7. Soak ur garlic in cold water for like a min,and use ur hand to remove d back ,it will come off easily.
8. To cut pepper with ur hand apply vegetable oil on ur hand and cut d pepper u will not feel d effect.
9. To preserve your beans from weavils and likes,remove dirt’s from beans and store in a gerrycan with cover or put the beans in a nylon and get a bucket with cover.The beans will last and remain cool till the seed finishes.
10. If you’re boiling your rice and it’s too soft due to too much water just put a slice of bread on it and it will absorb the water and normalize the rice.
11. Tie the head of your plantain to avoid air then keep it in the fridge to avoid it from getting ripe.
12. Wrap your unused fresh vegetables inside a paper could be newspaper then keep in the fridge.
13. If hot water or hot oil mistakingly pour on any part of your body just pour flour on it immediately …. And your skin won’t peel or swell up.
14. Soak ur beans for moi moi in hot water for about 10 mins and wash. It comes off easily.
15. To store ur Ogiri, mix it with salt and put in a container. Ur ogiri will stay for years without getting spoilt.
16. Prepare white soup. Ie cook the meat, keep it aside then boil stock fish, dryfish, salt, papper, red oil, caryfish, seasoning cube etc. Put it in the freezer, if non, add little water and warm every morning. Prepared with desired qty of water then take the qty as you want whenever you wanna prepare any kind of soup even unripe plantain etc. For ede, buy powdered one. Prepare any soup that you can finish a day. Ofe okoro, egusi, ogbono, ede etc. Note, don’t put the meat in the white soup,it would be very very soft before the white soup will finish or you can cook it half done. Then as you warm it everyday, it gets soft .
17. Slice onions near fire to avoid watery eyes or Slice under water.
18. Fry your washed bitterleaf when cooking egusi soup to get a sweet bitter taste.
19. For smooth garri, blend or grind it before adding the hot water.
20. Just few garlic in the oil use to fry chin chin or any other thing and the oil get back fresh to be use for stew in case you don’t have another. Add small lemon juice to your over salted soup, stew and it does magic.
21.After making ur eba cover it for 5min before mixing ,it make it look smooth.
22. Use cold water to melt small of your Semo vita before adding your hot water this will make the semo free from lumps.
23. If bone enters ur throat when u re eating, cough and pull ur ear at d same time it will come out.
24. If your meat is small in shape, perboil for some seconds without out water this will help to rise the meat then you can add water and seasoning.
25. Fry your curry leaf together with tomatoes.. That stew will be the sweetest.
26. If you want to enjoy ice fish ,don’t boil it.Just wash and marinate,when you are ready to fry,slice onions in the oil and fry.
27. To reuse already use oil, grate few ginger and fry for some seconds it will remove the odour or flavour of what you fried initially and taste fresh
28. To save gas, blend ur tomatoes and drain the water with a sieve before frying it. That way, it takes little time and gas to cook.
29. If u want ur beans to cook fast, after d first water drains, add a chopped onions into it and add water.
30. Use egg shell or grounded garlic and salt to get rid of wall geckos .
31. Use charcoal to resurrect a soured soup.
32. If u want crunchy Irish potato , soak it in water ( not salty water)at least 30 minutes before frying. For yam n sweet potato, soak overnight.
33. Make crayfish the last ingredient u add to every meal. The taste of the meal is WOW
34. Wen frying tomato for stew…to prevent it from burning add dry pepper…
35. Do you know you can use raw beans to boil hard meat.
36. Always add slice tomatoes to your food it helps to reduce cholesterol.
37. Use grater to wash ur beans for moi moi after soaking for about 3 minutes.